About Prof. Sujeet Chaudhary
Sujeet Chaudhary, born on 1st September 1968, is serving as Professor at the Department of Physics, IIT Delhi since April 2011. Previously, he served the Department as Associate Professor (Oct 2006-Mar 2011), and as Assistant Professor (May 2002-Sept 2006). Currently, he has research interest in the area of developing magnetic nanostructured systems for Spintronic applications. These include high spin polarization ferri- and
ferro-magnetic thin films Fe3O4, Co2Cr1-xFexAl, CrO2, etc., sputtered magnetic exchange bias (EB) systems e.g., CoFeB/IrMn, NiFe/IrMn, NiFe/FeMn, etc. magnetic tunnel junctions, e,g, CoFeB/MgO/CoFeB/IrMn, NiFe/MgO/CoFe, nanogrannular Cobalt clusters in Cu matrix, transition metal incorporated transparent oxides exhibiting ferromagnetic ordering at room temperature, etc.
Prior to joining, IIT Delhi in May 2002, he worked as Scientific Officer-C (Apr 1997-Jan 199) and Scientific Officer-D (Feb 1999-April 2002) at the then Centre for Advanced Technology (CAT) Indore a research and development center under Department of Atomic Energy, GOI. He undertook a number of experimental projects investigating the metastabilities across the first order phase transitions in a number of magnetic as well as superconducting material systems.
He received Ph.D. degree (HTSC Thin Films) in 1997, M.Tech. (Solid State Materials) in Dec. 1991 and M.Sc. (Physics) in 1990 all from IIT Delhi, One Year Special Course (Physics) in 1988 from Delhi University, Delhi and B.Sc. (Physics Hons.) in 1987 from the then Meerut University, Meerut.
He is recipient of MRSI-Medal -2007 Award. As PI and Co-PI, he has completed in several sponsored research projects (of ~Rs. 650 lakhs). He has contributed in over 80 refereed journal publications with h-index of17.
Selected recent publications:
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy and conducting atomic force microscopy investigations on dual ion beam sputtered MgO ultrathin film Brajbhusan Singh, Vikash Agrawal, Amish G Joshi, Sujeet Chaudhary Thin Solid Films, Accepted June 26, 2012
- Magnetic, Structural, Electronic and Optical Investigations of Ti1-xMnxO2 Films Sudesh Sharma, Sujeet Chaudhary, Subhash C. Kashyap J. Mat. Res., Accepted June 25, 2012
- Tunneling behavior in ion-assist ion-beam sputtered CoFe/MgO/NiFe magnetic tunnel junctions Brajbhusan Singh, Sujeet Chaudhary and D. K. Pandya Mat. Res. Bull., Accepted June 11, 2012 (DOI:10.1016/j.materresbull.2012.06.020)
- In-plane magnetic anisotropy and coercive field dependence upon thickness of CoFeB L. Kipgen, Himanshu Fulara, M. Raju and Sujeet Chaudhary J. Mag. Mag. Mat., 324 (Sept, 2012) 3118-3121
- Positive Exchange Bias in Ion-Beam Sputtered IrMn/CoFeB System Grown on CoFe Seed Layer Himanshu Fulara, Sujeet Chaudhary, Subhash C. Kashyap, and D. K. Pandya Nanosci. Nanotechnol. Lett. 4, (2012) 651-655.
- Reduction in anti ferromagnetic interactions in ion-beam deposited Fe3O4 thin films Ankit Kumar, D K Pandya, Sujeet Chaudhary J. Appl. Phys., 111 (Apr, 2012) 073901.
- Positive exchange bias in as-deposited ion-beam sputtered IrMn/CoFeB system Himanshu Fulara, Sujeet Chaudhary, Subhash C. Kashyap, and Dinesh K. Pandya J. Appl. Phys., 110 (Nov, 2011) 093916.
- X-ray reflectance studies of interface in ion beam sputtered CoFeB/MgO bilayers M Raju, Sujeet Chaudhary, D K Pandya Appl. Phys. Lett., 98 (May 2011) 212506.
- DC magnetization investigations in Ti1-xMnxO2 nanocrystalline powder Sudesh Sharma, Sujeet Chaudhary, Subhash C Kashyap, Vivek K. Malik J. Alloys & Compounds, 509 ( Jul 2011) 7434-7438.
- Room temperature Ferromagnetism in Mn doped TiO2 thin films: Electronic structure and Raman investigations Sudesh Sharma, Sujeet Chaudhary, Subhash C Kashyap, Shiv K Sharma J. Appl.Phys., 109 (Apr, 2011) 083905.
- Effect of hydrogen peroxide treatment on the electrical characteristics of Au/ZnO epitaxialSchottky diode C. S. Singh, G. Agarwal, G .Durga Rao, Sujeet Chaudhary, R. Singh Mat. Sci. Semicond. Process 14 (March 2011) 1-4.
- Growth of Fe3O4 nanowires and films by electrochemical deposition Mamraj Singh, Sujeet Chaudhary, Subhash C Kashyap, D K Pandya J Supercond. Nov. Mag., 24 (Feb 2011) 845-849.
- High Temperature DC-Magnetization Investigations on undpoed and 5at% cobalt incorporated TIO2 nanopowders Sudesh Sharma, Sujeet Chaudhary and Subhash C. Kashyap J Supercond. Nov. Mag., 24 (Feb 2011) 839-843.
- Room Temperature Ferromagnetism in Co-incorporated TiO2 Thin Films Sudesh Sharma, Sujeet Chaudhary, N. Panwar, Subhash C. Kashyap and D. K.PandyaJ Nanosci. Nanotechnol., 11 (Feb 2011) 2743-2746.